Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
NEP The Netherlands is a company that provides innovative services across the entire spectrum of broadcasting and media solutions. Currently NEP is putting in a great amount of effort to produce the most up-to-date figures and budget/forecast numbers. To do this, we have to have a good overview of all our resources and generated data.
Right now NEP uses ten main independently operating source systems, like Exact and Prompt. No interfaces or API’s are currently in place to manage and monitor the use of metadata across those systems. It is therefore a great challenge to generate accurate automated data on different projects. This is why we are looking for a data engineer who will be responsible for managing all metadata used by NEP The Netherlands.
Your main task will be to manage and develop our master data sets, data models and reports, and troubleshoot data issues.
You are going to work in the highly dynamic environment of a rapidly growing industry. This makes the company very diverse and it reflects in the work that you do. The flat hierarchies and open culture of NEP will allow for direct impact of your efforts as well as creation of immediate value. You will work together with members of the BI - and Application Maintenance teams as well as with other stakeholders and data owners across the organization.
What is it that you will do?
- Creating insight in all metadata used by NEP The Netherlands.
- Creating and installing API’s / interfaces across all applications for main instances like customers, projects, products, employees, etc.
- Creating insight in ownership of those data.
- Playing a leading role in the design of a new data warehouse.
- Supporting BI to implement the new meta data structures in the Qlikview/ Qlik Sense environment.
- Playing a leading role in overviewing the metadata when new source / ERP systems are being implemented.
- Managing data environment, with focus on ETL, data pipelines and the (future) data warehouse.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data analysis, and data cleansing.
- Building, using and maintaining automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Ownership of initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Providing quality assurance of imported data.
- Helping with the overview of tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems around the reporting environment.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and support with troubleshooting of reports.
- Maintaining documentation and training data users on data sets.
- Helping our data analysts make the best possible dashboards, reports and analyses by creating a super solid data foundation.
- Being an ambassador for further development towards a data-driven culture.
What can you expect?
We offer a job in an open and collegial work environment. You will receive training and supervision while you find your place in an enthusiastic and passionate team. You get all the opportunities to further develop, specialise or grow. In fact, we even stimulate this! Of course, we offer a competitive salary and working conditions.
- You work behind the scenes on productions for millions of viewers worldwide, using techniques that you will not encounter in a traditional IT environment;
- Working with nice colleagues who are just as happy with the profession as you;
- A contract for 32 – 40 hours a week;
- 25 vacation days;
- Room for development & growth;
- But also (Front row) tickets, the best coffee, we pay for your gym and your bicycle.
To do well in this role you need a background in data-engineering, to have a good understanding of business processes and a deep knowledge of the popular data analysis tools (Qlikview and Qlik Sense) and databases (MSSQL , MySql). Part of your role will also be to help with growing, shaping and leading the data awareness at NEP The Netherlands.
Therefore it is necessary to meet the following requirements. You have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or a related field;
- At least three years of work experience as a data engineer or in a related field;
- Technical proficiency with database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation;
- The ability to handle, analyze and visualize complex, high-dimensional data from varying sources;
- Experience with data visualization software like (Qlikview / Qlik Sense);
- The ability to work with business stakeholders to assess opportunities and potential risks;
- The ability to analyze existing tools and databases and to provide software solution recommendations;
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple data sets and relational databases across different platforms;
- The ability to communicate design of data pipelines with data architects and data scientists.
The ideal candidate is:
- A data enthusiast;
- Thriving in business and financial analytics as well as with media as consumers insights, whether it’s tracking forecasts, help building product recommendation engines, or optimizing a performance campaign;
- Highly collaborative: you successfully collaborate with many stakeholders to ensure that targets are reached. You raise red flags with detailed analyses to support strategic decisions. You propose a clear methodology and matching KPIs to support any POCs, and ensure clear follow-up communication. You are someone whom your colleagues genuinely enjoy working with;
- Detail-oriented: you pay great attention to the small things and will always strive towards excellency. If something doesn’t seem to add-up, you deep-dive until you gain an understanding, and are able to resolve the issue;
- Managerial ambitions; you would like to grow into a managerial role.