Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
NEP is looking for a talented Engineering Manager with an advanced understanding and appreciation for the technology needed to execute cutting-edge broadcast design work. This role will be responsible for leading the Global Design Engineers to create centralized production solutions supporting live Production, Live Events, Media Asset Management, OTT, and Virtual Production. The Global Design team is a new department at NEP, and we are looking for a driven individual to create and implement workflow processes and department structure. In addition, this role will be instrumental in setting up NEP to be successful as we transition to a product-oriented business.
NEP is private equity owned by the Carlyle Group and is the largest global media technology partner for content producers of live sports, entertainment, and corporate events.
For more than 35 years, NEP has been delivering innovative products and services that enable clients to make, manage and show the world their content—anywhere, anytime, on any platform. As a trusted partner working on some of the largest productions in the world, NEP offers a complete set of end-to-end solutions, from content capture to distribution—including a growing portfolio of transformational cloud-based, software-based, and virtualized technologies.
Headquartered in the United States, NEP has operations in 25 countries with over 4,000+ employees. Together, NEP has supported productions in over 100 countries on all seven continents and is still growing. Clients range from the leaders in sport, music, film, and TV, to major corporate brands, and agencies, to new content owners and creators all around the world.
What we offer?
We got the basics covered with a competitive salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, home expenses, 25 holidays, a hybrid working model, and a budget for sports expenses.
Otherwise, you get:
- Freedom with responsibilities.
- Highly trained international colleagues.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- Learning organization, invested in training and education.
- Excellent career opportunities.
- Informal atmosphere.
- Global ambition.
What are we looking for?
- Candidates living in or near Hilversum or Brussels or London.
- Technical or B.S./Electronics field or Engineering preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with working in television production technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
- Experience managing a global, geographically distributed team.
- Must be able to travel as needed for NEP.
- Lead and assist Audio/Comms, Video Infrastructure, Network, and CAD engineers in creating centralized design plans for global live broadcasts products and RFPs.
- Have expertise in enterprise broadcast and production hardware-based systems, virtualized systems, post-production, playout, and graphics production (live and non-live).
- Experience with assigning and prioritizing appropriate design team members to projects based on level of importance, skills needed specific to projects, and delivery timelines.