Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
At NEP we develop and run Mediabank.com, the award-winning Media Asset Management (MAM) platform. Mediabank is a SaaS platform providing a wide range of solutions for different markets - like Sports Rights Holders, Broadcasters and Corporations. We increase the value of our clients’ media assets by enriching and sharing content across all media platforms – Linear TV, OTT, social media, Website. Mediabank enables fast monetization of assets throughout the value chain regardless of location.
Our core development teams are based in Oslo, Netherlands, and Spain and are a tightly knitted group of passionate colleagues. We are looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Manager to join the teams and contribute to the growth of our Media Processing products, innovate with us, and be part of a revolutionary global broadcasting/media technology powerhouse.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Software and Platform Engineering teams and help us create groundbreaking video services. As Engineering Manager, you will build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
If you have a solid background in Software Engineering Management, leading teams, a passion for technology and wish to take part in shaping the future of television delivery we’d like to meet you.
NEP is the largest global media technology partner for content producers of live sports, entertainment, and corporate events.
For more than 35 years, NEP has been delivering innovative products and services that enable clients to make, manage and show the world their content—anywhere, anytime, on any platform. As a trusted partner working on some of the largest productions in the world, NEP offers a complete set of end-to-end solutions, from content capture to distribution—including a growing portfolio of transformational cloud-based, software-based, and virtualized technologies.
Headquartered in the United States, NEP has operations in 25 countries with over 4,000+ employees. Together, NEP has supported productions in over 100 countries on all seven continents and is still growing. Clients range from the leaders in sport, music, film, and TV, to major corporate brands, and agencies, to new content owners and creators all around the world.
What do we offer?
We got the basics covered with a competitive salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, home expenses, 25 holidays, a hybrid working model, and a budget for sports expenses.
Otherwise, you get:
- Freedom with responsibilities.
- Highly trained international colleagues.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- Learning organization, invested in training and education.
- Excellent career opportunities.
- Informal atmosphere.
- Global ambition.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Software Engineering is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Proven track record in engineering management, technical management, or business administration.
- Someone who can withstand periods of high activity linked to major sports events (e.g., Olympics, EURO2020).
- Excellent program and project management skills with strong document management.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, change, and improve teams’ way of working.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- A strong team player, who can collaborate closely with team members and stakeholders (e.g., Product Managers, Delivery Managers).
- A result-oriented and focused contributor who can work with deadlines and roadmaps.
- A curious and self-driven learner with a holistic approach to complex challenges.
- Exhibiting strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.