Global Design Engineer
Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
We are looking for Design Engineers, to join a Global Design Team, with expertise in specific areas to build new designs and systems, for our core infrastructure in data centers all around the world. To facilitate remote PCR’s, live event locations, and client facilities.
The Design Engineer is a highly trained and experienced Broadcast engineer who has expertise with Audio/Comms, Video Infrastructure, Network, or CAD to support NEP’s Global Production Team. The position provides an opportunity to work with an experienced, interdisciplinary design team creating custom solutions with challenging customer requirements. While representing the Design team you will work on new initiatives and create new ways so the company can consolidate its services onto a single platform.
You’ll create designs and documentation for engineering systems, and build highly scalable, and resilient infrastructure for video streaming or linear broadcasts. You’re familiar with gathering requirements from the business and cooperating with other engineers as needed to assist with the implementation of designs. You are familiar with designing, developing, and supporting video delivery in IP infrastructure, including vision mixing, multi-view, and various video processing/routing systems.
NEP is the largest global media technology partner for content producers of live sports, entertainment, and corporate events.
For more than 35 years, NEP has been delivering innovative products and services that enable clients to make, manage and show the world their content—anywhere, anytime, on any platform. As a trusted partner working on some of the largest productions in the world, NEP offers a complete set of end-to-end solutions, from content capture to distribution—including a growing portfolio of transformational cloud-based, software-based, and virtualized technologies.
Headquartered in the United States, NEP has operations in 25 countries with over 4,000+ employees. Together, NEP has supported productions in over 100 countries on all seven continents and is still growing. Clients range from the leaders in sport, music, film, and TV, to major corporate brands, and agencies, to new content owners and creators worldwide.
What we offer?
We got the basics covered with a competitive salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, home expenses, 25 holidays, a hybrid working model, and a budget for sports expenses.
Otherwise, you get:
- Freedom with responsibilities.
- Highly trained international colleagues.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- Learning organization, invested in training and education.
- Excellent career opportunities.
- Informal atmosphere.
- Global ambition.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering is preferred.
- Familiarity with 2110 IP Based system design.
- Create, modify and read CAD drawings for project-related activities.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring, and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to prepare and present presentations to clients and various levels of employee populations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling and coordinating multiple tasks.
- Continuously looks for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve better results.
- Follow through on commitments made to internal and external customers.