Senior Network Engineer
Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
Network at NEP
For over 30 years, NEP has been a worldwide outsourced technical production partner supporting premier content producers of live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events. NEP has a global network connecting sites all over the world. Interconnecting the NEP studios, (sporting) venues and data centers. Within these data centers we host our CDN, Centralized Production and internet peering routers.
Your role as a Senior Network Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our Netherlands based network team. The network team operates NEP’s global WAN and multiple data centers environment. The WAN is based on Juniper MX. In the data centers we run multi-vendor EVPN-VXLAN with a mix of Juniper and Arista equipment. A lot of multicast flows are running over the network therefore we cannot tolerate packet loss or high delays. Even an increase in latency can disrupt live television.
- Take lead responsibility for the (global) network, including seeing through critical issues to resolution and juggling different priorities to support the Broadcast and Media Business;
- Design and deploy various network solutions;
- Optimize and/or redesign (parts of) the network architecture;
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex connection, reliability, or performance issues to support your colleagues;
- Maintain internet peering relations (Transit, IXP and PNI);
- Take the lead in communication with various data centers, vendors, partners, internal IT and broadcast teams;
- Support a global organization; on occasion be able to time shift to lead or support. Projects executed in other time zones;
- Guide and mentoring junior and medior network engineers in there day to day work.
This is where you recognize yourself in
- 4+ years in network engineering;
- TCP/IP networking experience;
- Experience with fiber cabling and optics;
- Hands-on Cisco/Juniper/Arista Routing and Switching experience;
- Knowledge about multicast (PIM/IGMP);
- Knowledge of Layer 3 protocols (OSPF/ISIS/MP-BGP);
- Knowledge of Layer 2 protocols (STP, VLAN tagging);
- Knowledge of EVPN-VXLAN and understanding of ESI-LAG;
- Experience with Route Reflectors;
- Knowledge of L2VPN (Pseudowire) and L3VPN’s (IPVPN and EVPN);
- MPLS knowledge;
- Experience in operating firewalls (NAT and stateful firewalling);
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
Additional Requirements (you don’t have to check all boxes)
- Knowledge of ISIS-SR with TI-LFA;
- Knowledge of RSVP-TE and/or SR-TE;
- Knowledge of PCEP;
- Experience with Automation and Scripting;
- A background in the media industry is a plus.
This is what you are looking for in a job
What can you expect Working at NEP means having a varied job in an open and collegial working atmosphere. You’ll work in an enthusiastic and passionate team and will be trained and guided during your training period. Humor and fun are central to the work. You will get every opportunity to further develop, specialize or grow, in fact; we even encourage this. Of course, we offer a competitive salary and working conditions.
- You work behind the scenes on productions for millions of viewers worldwide, using techniques that you will not encounter in a traditional IT environment;
- A contract for 40 hours a week;
- 25 vacation days;
- Room for development & growth;
- Travel allowance, pension plan and a home office allowance;
- But also (Front row) tickets, we help pay for your gym and your bike plan.
NEP The Netherlands
With our innovative solutions, people and know-how in The Netherlands, we make the biggest live, broadcast events and corporate event productions possible. We provide the complete (production) workflow, from field registration to the most innovative video content solutions, from creation to management and worldwide distribution. We do this for programs such as Eredivisie soccer, Formula 1, Today Inside, Long Live Love, A Year of Your Life, Lowlands, LEGO Masters and daily talk shows such as Khalid & Sophie and The Evening Show with Arjen Lubach.
NEP's services in the Netherlands run mainly on its own people. All men and women with passion for and affinity with the media industry and various specializations in sports, classical music, entertainment, drama and talk shows. Our teams are continuously trained on new techniques, workflows and specializations. We encourage growth, innovation and ambition, because in the rapidly changing media world it is essential for us to have the highest level of knowledge available in-house.
Our Values describe the attitude, behaviors and mindset required for success at NEP. They reflect what inspires our employees today and what we as a company aspire to be in the future.