Software Test Engineer
Nederland, Noord-Holland, HilversumDevelopment & Technology
At NEP, our philosophy is build it, break it, make it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at NEP. Test Engineers at NEP aren't just manual testers. You write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. You work with product, architecture and engineers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability. As an agent for quality, you empower the team to iterate rapidly, deploy code several times each day and constantly increase confidence that the test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops. You will work for leading brands around the world; consult our showcase for an impression.
As Test Engineer you will work closely with the product owner, developers, ux and architects responsible for the development of our media technology platforms.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Identify risk and escalate to direct report timely.
- Assess the quality of systems and ensure they are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
- Design, develop and execute test automation solutions to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time and to specification.
- Automate and prioritize test cases considering the impact of time sensitive deliverables on highly available production environments.
- Continuously improve the test approach, tooling, process and test automation for efficiency and quality confidence.
- Maintain a customer’s point-of-view on the test deliverables and test from system perspective.
- Maintain test results and visualization.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases to ensure the high quality of the product release.
- Work with support and commissioning teams to effectively release to operations and develop and review supporting documentation.
- Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis, and utilize tools to create detailed, high quality defect reports.
Excellent Standard Benefits
We got the basics covered with a competitive salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, home expenses, 25 holidays, hybrid working model, SIM card + phone voucher and a budget for sports expenses.
Otherwise, you get:
- Freedom with responsibilities.
- Highly trained international colleagues.
- Cutting edge technologies.
- Learning organization, invested in training and education.
- Excellent career opportunities.
- Informal atmosphere.
- Global ambition.
NEP provides the technology and know-how to help our clients capture, deliver, and display live sports, entertainment, music, and corporate events anywhere around the globe. Headquartered in the U.S. with operations in 25 countries, our technical services include centralized and remote production, specialty capture, RF and wireless video/audio, virtual and in-studio production, audiovisual solutions, host broadcast support, post production, connectivity and transmission, premium playout, and innovative software-based media management solutions.
NEP’s 4,000+ employees are driven by a passion for superior service and a focus on technical innovation. Together, we have supported productions in 88 countries on all seven continents.
For over 30 years, we’ve been earning the respect of the industry by raising the bar in technical management, production support and engineering. Anywhere, anytime, on any platform, NEP delivers the solutions to help clients make, manage, and show the world their content.
- Hungry for stability, resilience, usability and overall performance.
- Ambitious and motivated to be the best in your profession.
- A driving force and a team player.
- Able to embrace new methodologies and technologies in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Responsible and independent, you know how to start and finish activities within your domain.
- Balance sourcing from experience and dealing with unconventional challenges.
- Analytical skills, different levels of abstract thinking (switching among detailed view vs. system level view).
- Strong communication skills.
- Takes ownership and is decisive.
- Bachelor or commensurate in computer sciences, software engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a complex software development environment.
- Setting up and using test automation frameworks, technologies, test management tools in software teams.
- IT professional with advanced knowledge of Python.
- Technologically savvy, Docker or similar virtualization tool knowledge, HTTP REST interface, OOP, software design patterns, Unix/Linux terminal, GIT, transfer protocols, unit testing, stubbing, mocking, CI/CD.
- Familiar with static and dynamic application analysis.
- Familiar with XML and JSON.
- Familiar with networking concepts and protocols.
- BDD, TDD.
- ISTQB or TMAP certified.
- Locust, Blazemeter, similar tools.